Wondering how, given the First Amendment, Fred Phelps and his merry band of hatebags can be hit with a huge compensatory and punitive damages verdict? Read Eugene Volokh's thoughtful, detailed, and make-you-feel-inadequate-as-a-lawyer analysis. The link has all the posts in the order posted. It's fascinating.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017