And will vote for Hillary Clinton to boot.
Via Sadly, NoI see that the Wall Street Journal actually printed John Fund's claim that eight of the 9/11 hijackers were registered to vote. The rightonutosphere has snatched this claim up and waved it like … wow, nothing works here. A bloody shirt? A big foam finger and a Yankee game? A super-jumbo Root Beer gulp at a Magic-The Gathering convention? Whatever.
As Sadly, No points out, the significance wrought and overwrought from this claim is that (a) anti-vote-fraud measures are crucial and (b) terrorists are threatening to … wait for it …
That’s right, my friends. Eight dedicated members of Osama Bin Laden’s mass-murdering army … were capable of casting a ballot for the candidates of their choice in an American election. And who might some of those candidates be? … Democrats, one and all, led by the Great Obfuscater [sic] herself, Hillary Clinton.
The horror … the horror …
But as someone said, facts are stubborn things. And elusive too, apparently. What is the source for this claim?
Eight of the 9-11 hijackers, eight of the 19 hijackers, were registered to vote — because they’d gotten driver’s licenses.
Except — ooops — neither state in question automatically registers you to vote when you get a license.
Read all of Sadly, No's entirely justified scorn.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017