At a job interview a few weeks ago, I was asked who my inspiration was. I had already pretty much figured out that I was not really interested in the position, so I decided to be honest. Below is my answer (my memory might have embellished it a little..)
My inspiration? Every day I leave work promptly at 4:30. As I turn up the hill to walk to the bus stop I pass an elderly chinese man with a walker. Depending on timing, each day I pass him at different parts of his epic journey. Yet, inexorably, every single day, this ancient man slowly walks a block (no small feat given his walker) to pee on a lamppost. Yes, each day, this man with no hint of self-consciousness makes his trek to mark his territory. Admittedly, catching him in flagrante is a little more awkward, but the smile on his face, celebrating a job well done, is my inspiration.
Needless to say, I'm not expecting a call back from them.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010