Running the site means never having to say you are sorry.We had Elaina's baptism this past Sunday, which also happened to be her first birthday. Our pastor and friend officiated. Elaina charmed the congregation by clapping and laughing, Evan waived and gestured suggestively at the congregation. Abby hid her face from the congregation. So it worked out fine, basically.
We rented out the community center and had a party afterwards, catered by New Moon, a local Chinese place. We wound up with about 45 adults and 35 kids. It went well. We hired lego-and-hotwheels wranglers for the boys and a face-painting princess for the girls. Hooray gender role enforcement! The princess looked tired and somewhat put-upon, like Cinderella's younger sister who likes to sneak out of the castle and smoke cigarettes with her boyfriend the chariot mechanic. Anyway, that night Abby enjoyed her first cake:
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017