In the wake of the Southern California fires — which have made all of my neighborhood smell like an ashtray, even though it is a good 15 miles to the nearest fire — FEMA indulged in a little political theatre. Specifically, theygave a press conference with no real reporters and FEMA employees posing as reporters.
he agency had called the briefing with about 15 minutes notice as federal officials headed for southern California to oversee and assist in firefighting and rescue efforts. Reporters were also given a telephone number to listen in on but could not ask questions.
But with no reporters on hand and an agency video camera providing a feed carried live by some television networks, FEMA press employees posed the questions for Johnson that included: "Are you happy with FEMA's response so far?"
According to Friday's Post account, which Walker confirmed, Johnson replied that he was "very happy with FEMA's response so far."
Other reported questions: "Sir, would you characterize the President's concern as grave, empathetic, or heroic?" "Sir, have you lost weight?"
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017