Dude is threatening client. Dude thinks client committed a crime. Dude is demanding that client pay him thousands of bucks or Dude will go to the cops.
Client asks Dude to call me.
I tell Dude that I understand and respect his concerns. I tell him that to proceed, I really need him to put his position in writing. You know lawyers, Dude! We like paperwork. Just say what you want and why my client should do it.
Dude obligingly faxes over scrawled note demanding thousands of dollars or he will go to cops.
I faxed back a copy of California's extortion statute, plus an article explaining extortion.
Waiting for Dude's call now.
I am whistling a little tune.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017