NPR reported this morning that a
This report made me realize that many of the negative events in my life are the responsibility of appliance manufacturers. The fault, Horatio, lies not in ourselves, but in Mr. Coffee. Here are my suspicions, gathered through the cobwebs of my headcold-addled mind after hearing the NPR report:
1. My Viewsonic ‘17 flat-panel monitor is flickering at a rate that turns of the “you need sleep, dumbass” receptors in my brain.
2. The refrigerator hums at a frequency that impairs my nervous system to the point that I cannot help but eat an entire tub of hummous for a snack.
3. My son’s night-light is programmed to emit pulses causing him to wake up and then come wake me up at at least three irregular intervals between midnight at 5 a.m.
4. My wife’s credit cards are coated with a central-nervous-system-degrading contact poison that causes her to forget that I am not the frigging Sultan of Brunei or something.
More as they occur to me.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017
- We Interrupt This Grand Jury Lawsplainer For A Search Warrant Lawsplainer - August 9th, 2017