That's how many pennies Gene Suskie collected over a 34 year period. And guess what? After cashing in the record setting 10,000 pounds of Lincoln heads, he earns himself a whopping $14,075.50.
Parents – please – Tell your children if they're going to obsess over coins, at least pick dimes or quarters.
I keep a spare change jar on my dresser and every few years cash it in. Usually comes to a few hundred bucks – which I promptly blow on something totally and completely ridiculous. Last year, my change jar paid for a bachelor party weekend in Montreal.
So in your face Gene Suskie.
Last 5 posts by Mike
- "And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not filmed." - December 30th, 2008
- The Revolution Will Be Facebooked - December 26th, 2008
- Confessions of a Closet WoW Addict - October 16th, 2008
- On the nature of accidents... - September 28th, 2008
- Cure for Pain - September 24th, 2008