Jimmy Swaggart has apologized for the remarks Ken mentioned below, saying "he has jokingly used the expression "killing someone and telling God he died" thousands of times, about all sorts of people. He said the expression is figurative and not meant to harm."
Is it his fault you've never heard that wacky joke before? He goes on to say "It's a humorous statement that doesn't mean anything. You can't lie to God — it's ridiculous," Swaggart told The Associated Press. "If it's an insult, I certainly didn't think it was, but if they are offended, then I certainly offer an apology."
That's right, you can't lie to God by doing things like pretending to apologize…
C'mon gay people. Get a sense of humor. Sheesh, you'll laugh at Will & Grace, but Jimmy's joke gets nothing? That seems unfair?
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010