Via Andrew Sullivan, a fun quote from our friend Jimmy Swaggart: http://www.andrewsullivan.com/index.php?dish_inc=archives/2004_09_19_dish_archive.html#109570301999197638
I'm trying to find the correct name for it … this utter absolute, asinine, idiotic stupidity of men marrying men. … I've never seen a man in my life I wanted to marry. And I'm gonna be blunt and plain; if one ever looks at me like that, I'm gonna kill him and tell God he died." – televangelist Jimmy Swaggart, on his television show last week … in Louisiana. Here's the tape (he gets riled up around the 36th minute). He then goes on about those politicians who defend gay rights and dignity: "They all ought to marry a pig, and live with it forever… And I thank God that president Bush has stated that we need a constitutional amendment that says marriage is between a man and a woman." (Swaggart also claims he has nothing against "the poor homosexual." He'll just kill one if he gets a chance.) Watch this broadcast and see the forces that this president is riding toward victory on.
Euuugghghg. It's moments like this that I'm sympathetic to how Muslims must feel when people say "Why aren't all the moderate Muslims out protesting against radical Islam?"
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017