Takei on Phelps
On the topic of gay marriage, I'm pretty old fashioned.
…by which I mean I believe what goes on in a marriage contract is between two or more people, their lawyers, and their goðar / non-governmental polycentric legal service providers.
As a non aligned bystander in the left-vs-right culture wars, I'm not as much a reflexively huge fan of George Takei as some people are.
Then I saw this:
I take no solace or joy in this man's passing. We will not dance upon his grave, nor stand vigil at his funeral holding "God Hates Freds" signs, tempting as it may be.
He was a tormented soul, who tormented so many. Hate never wins out in the end. It instead goes always to its lonely, dusty end.
Well done, sir.
Last 5 posts by Clark
- Culture Wars Are Fought with Memetic Bullets - July 18th, 2014
- Texas v. Johnson ... v. Berg - May 19th, 2014
- A Riddle Wrapped In a Mystery Inside an Enigma - May 16th, 2014
- That Claim Won't Fly - May 15th, 2014
- When Your Enemy Is in the Process of Destroying Himself, Stay Out of His Way - April 22nd, 2014