Cage Fight

Effluvia

dailymail.co.uk

The controversial billionaire Charles Saatchi told journalist Taki Theodoracopulos that his ex-wife 'always found you toe-curlingly vile' in a bizarre open letter to the magazine which has now resulted in the 77-year-old offering to take on Mr Saatchi in a cage fight.

Rumors that Taki Theodoracopulos has asked Texas lawyer Carl David Cedar to be his second at the cage match duel have not yet been confirmed as of press time.

Last 5 posts by Clark

1. Craig  •  Jan 24, 2014 @8:05 am

Just about no matter who you are, there's probably someone who finds you vile.

2. delurking  •  Jan 24, 2014 @8:27 am

It amazes me that professional journalists can write such sentences. Whose ex-wife is the claim being made about? In multiple sentences, it is unclear.

3. Kamendae  •  Jan 24, 2014 @8:32 am

Seems pretty clear to me. Rephrasing: The billionaire, Mr. Saatchi, told the journalist, Mr. Theodoracopulos this fact: the ex-Mrs. Saatchi found Mr. Theodoracopulous to be, quote, "toe-curlingly vile".

4. scav  •  Jan 24, 2014 @8:47 am

I'm thinking Charles Saatchi's ex-wife might not think too well of *him* either…

5. Vorkon  •  Jan 24, 2014 @8:58 am

I hope he brings a first-aid kit. Maybe two.

6. delurking  •  Jan 24, 2014 @9:12 am

Kamendae:
    Jim told John that his house was broken into.

Whose house was broken into?

7. Korenwolf  •  Jan 24, 2014 @9:15 am

@Delurking – I think you'll find "professional journalist" and the Daily Mail are not often found within shouting distance of each other

8. SIV  •  Jan 24, 2014 @10:13 am

Saatchi challenges Taki to the cage match. Clark's post implies the opposite.

9. Kamendae  •  Jan 24, 2014 @10:29 am

@Delurking: The difference between the 'his' in "his ex-wife" and the 'you' in the quotation provides the disambiguation in this case. If it were 'his' and 'him', I agree the sentence would be ambiguous.

10. NS  •  Jan 24, 2014 @10:43 am

So… Is the fight going to be on Pay-per-view?

@Korenwolf

I don't think you need the word "journalist" in there, either.

11. TomB  •  Jan 25, 2014 @1:18 pm

I hope he brings a first-aid kit. Maybe two.

Let's get this straight.

Carl David “The Animal” Ceder does NOT bring first-aid kits.

Carl David "The Animal" Ceder bring the NEED for the other guy (or gal, I suppose) to bring a first-aid kit or two of their own, for their own benefit. And he does that out of the kindness of his heart.

As an aside,

Chuck Norris thinks of happy things whenever CDC is mentioned….

….then he cries a little.

12. Youngone  •  Jan 25, 2014 @3:13 pm

The mere fact this comes from the Daily Mail makes me think it is entirely made up.

13. Ian  •  Jan 26, 2014 @10:31 am

Come now. You act like "News Stories" on the internet being made up is so unbelievable. :)