Cage Fight

Print This Post

13 Responses

1. Craig says:

Just about no matter who you are, there's probably someone who finds you vile.

2. delurking says:

It amazes me that professional journalists can write such sentences. Whose ex-wife is the claim being made about? In multiple sentences, it is unclear.

3. Kamendae says:

Seems pretty clear to me. Rephrasing: The billionaire, Mr. Saatchi, told the journalist, Mr. Theodoracopulos this fact: the ex-Mrs. Saatchi found Mr. Theodoracopulous to be, quote, "toe-curlingly vile".

4. scav says:

I'm thinking Charles Saatchi's ex-wife might not think too well of *him* either…

5. Vorkon says:

I hope he brings a first-aid kit. Maybe two.

6. delurking says:

Kamendae:
    Jim told John that his house was broken into.

Whose house was broken into?

7. Korenwolf says:

@Delurking – I think you'll find "professional journalist" and the Daily Mail are not often found within shouting distance of each other

8. SIV says:

Saatchi challenges Taki to the cage match. Clark's post implies the opposite.

9. Kamendae says:

@Delurking: The difference between the 'his' in "his ex-wife" and the 'you' in the quotation provides the disambiguation in this case. If it were 'his' and 'him', I agree the sentence would be ambiguous.

10. NS says:

So… Is the fight going to be on Pay-per-view?

@Korenwolf

I don't think you need the word "journalist" in there, either.

11. TomB says:

I hope he brings a first-aid kit. Maybe two.

Let's get this straight.

Carl David “The Animal” Ceder does NOT bring first-aid kits.

Carl David "The Animal" Ceder bring the NEED for the other guy (or gal, I suppose) to bring a first-aid kit or two of their own, for their own benefit. And he does that out of the kindness of his heart.

As an aside,

Chuck Norris thinks of happy things whenever CDC is mentioned….

….then he cries a little.

12. Youngone says:

The mere fact this comes from the Daily Mail makes me think it is entirely made up.

13. Ian says:

Come now. You act like "News Stories" on the internet being made up is so unbelievable. :)