I Am Thankful For This Bit Of Fun

24 Responses

1. Black Betty says:

Please tell me you actually did purchase the Anthea Butler Maxi-pad of Supercilious Stupidity? PLEASE…

Because if you haven't, I will donate the cost of that product to your website just to make that happen.

2. Why not donate to the Durham Urban Ministry, and make Dr. Butler's dream a reality, Betty?

3. Black Betty says:

@Patrick

I just went there. I'll wait to find out if Ken already donated. It's incredible cheap, so I can't imagine why he didn't. It's such a worthy cause and she's so deserving.

4. ElSuerte says:

I think you must have crashed their site with all the Popehat traffic. Link is loading way too slow. I like their gimmick, but I suspect it's kind of like those charities that let you buy a 'goat' for a starving family in Africa, but in reality, you're donating the cash equivalent to the charity for use in their development and relief funds. I kinda doubt they are really sticking 'ElSuerte Memorial Bog Roll' stickers on all the tolet paper.

My parochial school did something similar. They auctioned off naming rights to various aspects of their real property, e.g. parking spaces, auditorium, ally behind the school. Believe it or not, the most coveted auction item was the pizza lunch in a limo with Sister Katherine, the principle.

If the site is up later, I'll see if I can spare a little.

Speaking of charity, for you gamers out there, EvE online is doing a PLEX for charity drive to aid the Philippines storm victims.

5. ElSuerte says:

Got the site to work. This is really cool. I'm going to show this to the boss of the soup kitchen I cook at. Maybe they can do something similar.

6. Matt says:

Aww, I don't think I see like a shovel we could name after Prenda Law, who don't seem to know when to stop digging…

7. Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries says:

Thank you for solving the problem of what to get my husband for Christmas.

8. EdH says:

What about the Paul Duffy Soap of Imminent Incarceration?

I do hope he doesn't drop it…

9. That's beautiful, EdH.

I mean, it's actually pretty revolting, but I have a black sense of humor.

"Everyone deserves a fresh start!"

10. alexa-blue says:

Here's the Richard Cohen Sliced Bread of Conventional Judgement. The poster claims it's all white.

11. eigenperson says:

I sure hope they had the foresight to have someone screen the ones that appear on the front page.

12. ysth says:

Just wanted to note that Art Pope's wikipedia page does not yet have any mention of this.

13. Matt says:

@Patrick – I chortled :p Well done.

14. Demosthenes says:

Just named an item after an old and hated professor.

Y'know, charity does feel good!

15. SPQR says:

An extraordinary low form of humor, Patrick. Which of course is why I find it so hilarious.

16. MrSpkr says:

I just might have to purchase The Mark Lutz Bus Pass for Imminent Court Appearances.

17. Dan Neely says:

@eigenperson

The way people are (ab)using it, i hope they screen them before delivery too.

18. jerslan says:

Patrick… You're a horrible person… A wonderful, delightfully horrible human being :) It's a good thing ;)

19. Delvan Neville says:

Been trying to minimize commentary now that I'm on the books in some of these cases…but since it's all for charity, I just couldn't help myself just this once.

20. OrderoftheQuaff says:

I always wanted to endow a chair at my beloved undergraduate alma mater, and the state of my finances leaves no doubt that the chair will be made of porcelain.

21. Sterling Archer says:

I just honored my boss with some jeweled beads of anal insertion.

22. Rachel says:

I bought the naming rights to the Teabagger Adult Diaper of Banjo and Brain Protection