Gridiron Solitaire – ready for Greenlighting!

Print This Post

David Byron

David Byron is a software developer working for the military-industrial complex. At Popehat, he writes about art, language, theater (mostly magic), technology, lyrics, and aleatory ephemera. Serious or satirical poetry spontaneously overflows from him while he's recollecting in tranquility. @dcbyron

You may also like...

11 Responses

1. Jim Tyre says:

I'm not a football fan, though tonight's standoff between Stanford and USC nearly converted me.

Did you really have to mention that game at a time when Ken is likely suicidal? We're coming after you if you drove him over the edge!

2. grouch says:

No linux? No interest.

3. JTM says:

My vote's in. I'm really eager to see this game go live.

4. David says:

@Jim Tyre,
    Ken is a great soul. On facebook, he was seen saying that even though USC is evil and stands for everything he despises, he would nevertheless defend them against complaints in this instance as a matter of principle.

5. David says:

@grouch There's always Mono. Or is that too 21st-century for you? ;)

6. Noah Callaway says:

Very. Excited. Looks awesome. Greenlighting! Hope it happens.

Please congratulate your friend for getting this far, for me! It's a long painful process, and it's a labor of love. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to get to this point…

7. Benn says:

@David
    Gridiron Solitaire is written in WPF, which is not supported by Mono. Sadly, this game is Windows-only.

8. David says:

@Benn, Bummer. I appreciate grouch's fervor for Linux. Perhaps, if the game's successful, it'll be ported to other platforms.

9. Tony says:

I also echo the support for a Linux version. But my primary concern is the distribution on Steam: out of principle, I won't purchase any game or software that uses DRM. While it's true not all Steam games are encrypted, if one needs the Steam client (and thus an online account) in order to install the game, that counts as DRM in my book.

I wish your friend the best of luck in marketing the game, however. Hopefully he'll choose to distribute it directly, offering those who wish to buy it unencumbered that opportunity.

10. David says:

@Tony, I'd guess he's likely to exploit another channel just because greenlighting is a longshot.