The always awesome Rick Horowitz has a great post about police who rape. Here's one fun fact among many: "the United States outdoes India when it comes to custodial rapes of women by law enforcement personnel".
But, hey, it's fundamentally a good system. I'm sure it can be reformed from within.
UPDATE: if you're getting sick of the all-law-enforcement-slagging-all-the-time channel, I've got two posts that just moved from the back burner to the front burner of actual composition: Urbit For The Non-Vulcan, and The Nine Nations and Four Seeds of North America.
Last 5 posts by Clark
- "Enter Big G's Command Center Through the Revolving Doors on K Street" - January 27th, 2014
- Cage Fight - January 24th, 2014
- Police interrogations: "I don't..." / "I would..." / "It's simple..." - January 23rd, 2014
- Government Weighs Government Role in Coercing Confessions ( From Innocent Citizens ) - January 22nd, 2014
- Monopoly of Force Monday: Kelly Thomas - January 20th, 2014