I'm reading The Golden Bough.
Ancient supersitious people believed that farmers could increase their wealth from the coming year's corn crop by seizing a stranger and squeezing his blood onto the ground.
Modern scientific people understand that farmers can better increase their wealth from the coming year's corn crop by seizing 300 million strangers and squeezing their wallets.
I do enjoy learning about humanity's moral progress.
Last 5 posts by Clark
- When Your Enemy Is in the Process of Destroying Himself, Stay Out of His Way - April 22nd, 2014
- nihil sub sole novum - April 22nd, 2014
- An Election is Simply a Festival for the Majority! - April 11th, 2014
- Chilling Effect, Next Steps, Final Steps, Hope - March 21st, 2014
- Takei on Phelps - March 20th, 2014