Popehat Poll: How Irrritating Is It For A Lawyer Not To Have A Listed Email Address?
I was thinking of writing an email seeking comment from a lawyer who threatened someone. But despite being a lawyer who threatens people with lawsuits (by phone), this lawyer doesn't seem to have a web site, and doesn't seem to have an email listed anywhere publicly. It's not on her State Bar profile, not on any of the various referral or rating sites, not anywhere easily accessible.1
This irritates me. I recognize that I am well behind the curve on technology. I recognize that my firm's web site was just a static under-construction placeholder with contact information for years. But when a lawyer makes it difficult for me to find their email address, I am immediately suspicious and annoyed.
So. How obnoxiously snobbish is that?
- Fortunately I have tricks: I logged onto PACER, looked for cases in which she is the attorney of record, and pulled her email address from a docket, where you can find it because she's required to list it on pleadings. She has an AOL email address. ▲
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Is Rapper Brandon "Tiny Doo" Duncan Being Prosecuted For Rapping About Gangs? - November 20th, 2014
- With Apologies To Baron Macaulay - November 18th, 2014
- Shirts And Shirtiness - November 17th, 2014
- A SLAPP False Alarm Out Of Chicago: The Law Is An Ass - November 12th, 2014
- Roca Labs, Lacking A Hornet Nest Into Which It Could Stick Its Dick, Has Sued Marc Randazza - November 11th, 2014