A Week In The Life of the Road to Popehat

Meta

It's time for the Road to Popehat, the feature in which we check out our traffic logs, see what searches brought you here, and think to ourselves "this serves the people at the NSA right."

The following searches brought people here during the last seven days:

mother in law unmannered: My mother-in-law has lovely manners. She even laughed politely the time she gave my toddler son an empty plastic Jack Daniels bottle to play with and I referred to it as a "Tennessee rattle."

somewhere sometime someone: This is the sort of thing I see after one of my partners tells me "yes, I did a Google search, but nothing relevant came up. Can't you help me?"

what threats are harmful to my personal brand: Threats to MURDER YOUR BRAND are serious and should be reported to appropriate authorities.

Debbie Sclussel is insane: Well doy.

nipples of a wrestler: People tried to tell Peter Greenaway that the sequel was a bad idea, but he just wouldn't listen.

jews behind gay agenda: I see the National Organization for Marriage has a new strategist.

what to do when I want to watch a fat kid: Brought to you by the American Tourism Bureau.

do girls like boys who are weird and cowardly: "Do they? Because that would be really great if they did, thanks."

ken+white+so+angry: Meh.

1. SJD  •  Jul 8, 2013 @11:04 am

counteraction wiggling penis

2. En Passant  •  Jul 8, 2013 @1:17 pm

ken+white+so+angry: Meh.

What? You mean you aren't always "articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy"? I'm soooo disappointed.

3. James Pollock  •  Jul 8, 2013 @2:08 pm

"I always enjoy reading your search terms. Mine are more mundane, but once in a week some weirdness happen:
    counteraction wiggling penis"

That's why Ken closed the comments on the con creep thread.

4. Anonymous Coward  •  Jul 8, 2013 @2:44 pm

"jews behind gay agenda"

TIL how Fox News sends traffic to Popehat.

5. Bill  •  Jul 8, 2013 @4:06 pm

So I started looking at the Road to Popehat tag and came across a post referring to the PopeHat Illuminati. Here I was about to retract my "Ken is a moral coward for sitting by as Ponies eat our children b/c Ken and Clark's illuminati puppet masters are going to use Ponies to pull off Alex Jones' Depopulation theory. I guess if I just let loose and post the stupidest things that flow out of my mind, I might be right some time.

6. SJD  •  Jul 8, 2013 @4:23 pm

@James Pollock I can't neither agree nor disagree because I have no idea what do you mean. I found the topic of the post mentioned by you boring, so I couldn't force myself through the comments (I managed to read the post though).

7. Bill  •  Jul 8, 2013 @4:26 pm

@James Pollock – I just had a major WTF moment. I read your comment, headed over to that thread (last time I looked at it, there were like 23 comments) and saw they got over 900 and Ken actually had to shut it down. I tend to be a fan of your commentary (don't get a big head though, I'm a fan of most of Popehat's regulars ;-) ) but how you managed to get out of that thread with your sanity, you're a better man than I am. Pony , Road to Popehat threads clearly bring out a cooler crew of peopel than creeper con threads

8. John O.  •  Jul 8, 2013 @6:06 pm

Wow the "Jews behind Gay agenda" is just wow. I'm sure more crazy lurks in the background.

9. James Pollock  •  Jul 8, 2013 @6:39 pm

"I found the topic of the post mentioned by you boring, so I couldn't force myself through the comments"

You're probably way better off than the people who did.

10. Analee  •  Jul 8, 2013 @6:50 pm

The Jews aren't behind any agenda.

It's all pony.

11. Bill  •  Jul 8, 2013 @8:11 pm

@Analee – thanks for the lulz b/c your comment generated them.

Slightly ot but related – IsAnyoneDown has pretty much imploded. PinkMeth has been destroyed and YouGotPosted is taking a beating. I was working with a few victims and man Bing was the best in this regard, and smart enough to see through their tricks. Google came around finally. But they've taken a beating and I think they're down for the count. I normally find it hard to take joy in other people's misery, even those that deserve it – I naively just wish they'd learn and do the right thing on their own. But the whole crew of these pricks – I'm enjoying every second of their demise. Ken, Randazza and Steinbaugh all started the fire and as the revenge pron guys are seeing, even you low dollar scumbag wouldn't waste a good piss on them trying to put out the fire. That alone should get Ken, Mark and Adam some "Super Hero Badass" award, b/c they all deserve it.

12. Robert White  •  Jul 8, 2013 @8:34 pm

It t'aint a proper Tennessee Rattle less'n ya put a couple ah spent shell casings in thar ats' too bent up to reload…

13. Katherine  •  Jul 9, 2013 @2:09 am

Its been a while since you last said anything about Prenda which is a shame because they are still up to stuff.

Please, please write about Prenda!

14. corporal lint  •  Jul 9, 2013 @7:49 am

I just did a word count on the thread. By my count (leaving out the name + date lines, but keeping copied text), the thread has 184,987 words. This makes it slightly longer than The Fellowship of the Ring, Great Expectations, and Jane Eyre, and about 85% of the way to matching Moby Dick (in length, though it falls a bit further short in literary merit). That's… remarkable.

15. Clark  •  Jul 10, 2013 @8:33 am

> do girls like boys who are weird and cowardly

I think Whit Stillman answered this back in 1988:

Jimmy: There's something deeply ingrained in human biology: women prefer bad over weak and indecisive… and unemployed

Josh Neff: I don't know about that.

Jimmy: You think they do prefer weak, indecisive, and unemployed?

16. Bill  •  Jul 10, 2013 @6:27 pm

Ken – just out of curiosity, I searched for ken+white+so+angry b/c it was just kind of funny. When I think Ken White, i think of ponies and snark, mainly ponies (with the image of My Pretty Evil One Eyed Pony burned into my head) – but Anger? Anyway, the only links I found were back to this post and the Creeper post. Not sure if you track it, but the landing page of the Road to Popehat would add a chuckle or two (then again, I since I'm the only one who's brought it up – perhaps the cost/value isn't there)

17. Joe Pullen  •  Jul 12, 2013 @2:23 pm

@Bill

It appears Chance Trahan has never quite forgiven me for helping tie Craig to being the Takedown lawyer. http://imgur.com/RoMAZu4

Then there was the April 24, 2013 Road to Popehat:

shooting joe pullen in the face with a badger launchers ā€“ I don't even know who Joe Pullen is, and I already love this search.

It gives me such a warm and fuzzy feeling inside to know that Iā€™ve been able to help Chance with his anger management problem. Oh wait . . .