Open Sesame?

Print This Post

David Byron

David Byron is a software developer working for the military-industrial complex. At Popehat, he writes about art, language, theater (mostly magic), technology, lyrics, and aleatory ephemera. Serious or satirical poetry spontaneously overflows from him while he's recollecting in tranquility. @dcbyron

7 Responses

1. David says:

Jeremiah Johnson taught me to avoid the chill at night by burying the campfire's coal and embers deep enough to avoid ignition and by then placing my bedroll on that spot.

2. NI says:

How can drug warriors not understand that having all those kids grow up without fathers because their dads are in jail for non-violent drug offenses is going to create massive social problems?

3. Robert White says:

Well we have made incarceration an industry with our parochial bias. Prisoners are now a commodity. It's only reasonable that they become part of the educational zeitgeist.

This is how we prime the expectation pumps for the next generation of product.

4. En Passant says:

NI wrote Jun 18, 2013 @9:34 am:

For the prohibitionist government-industrial complex that's a feature, not a bug.

A positive feeback loop means: more jobs for drug warriors; better perqs for warriors; more "victims" and repentant "dealers" saved from a life of crime by incarceration to publicly whine for more funding to save even more people; thus to achieve a "drug free" society, per aspera ad astra.

5. Kalen says:

When I was a kid I made a song about my dad being locked up from some Christmas tune that was playing in the prison visiting room. I can't remember the song or the words but when I hear it on the radio every year it all comes back to me… if only I had ever watched Sesame Street.

6. perlhaqr says:

NI: I was going to say roughly what En Passant did.

"That's called 'seed corn'."