too good to fact check

Effluvia

…and yet, I did.

The Daily Currant is a parody news site, right?

Too bad – I wish that this was true.

Bloomberg Refused Second Slice of Pizza at Local Restaurant

May. 02, 2013

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg was denied a second slice of pizza today at an Italian eatery in Brooklyn.

The owners of Collegno's Pizzeria say they refused to serve him more than one piece to protest Bloomberg's proposed soda ban,which would limit the portions of soda sold in the city.

Bloomberg was having an informal working lunch with city comptroller John Liu at the time and was enraged by the embarrassing prohibition. The owners would not relent, however, and the pair were forced to decamp to another restaurant to finish their meal.

Read the rest through the link.

Last 5 posts by Clark

1. John  •  May 3, 2013 @6:30 am

I wish that one was true too… Maybe it will serve as inspiration to someone?

2. david  •  May 3, 2013 @6:31 am

I routinely purchase a super big size drink to share with my entire family. It costs less and is good for the environment because I generate less trash.

3. Matt F.  •  May 3, 2013 @6:35 am

Don't worry Drudge Report posted it as factual, so I'm sure people will be quoting it on social media all weekend.

4. Scooby  •  May 3, 2013 @7:45 am

When I saw this story this morning (quoted elsewhere), I initially read "Daily Currant" (an Onion-ish satire site) as "Daily Caller" (actual news & comment site), so imagine my disappointment when I followed the link to the actual story.

5. perlhaqr  •  May 3, 2013 @12:27 pm

God I wanted that to be true when I saw it.

6. James Pope  •  May 3, 2013 @2:43 pm

I wasn't aware that the proposed soda size regulation prevented anyone from buying a second soda or refilling their soda in restaurants that have public fountains. Is this supposed to be a gotcha, or is this Palin politics ("I'm gonna call you on this terrible thing you're doing by complaining about the thing it does not do.")

7. Windypundit  •  May 3, 2013 @4:34 pm

James Pope, I think it would be a brilliant way to teach Bloomberg how annoying it is to have someone else imposing their arbitrary limits on you.

8. John David Galt  •  May 3, 2013 @5:19 pm

Darn it, this ought to be true! Maybe we can start a movement!

9. C. S. P. Schofield  •  May 3, 2013 @6:18 pm

@James Pope

Why "Palin Politics"? It's not as if it was new with her. Hell, it's not as if it was new when the Babylonians had an empire.

10. James Pope  •  May 3, 2013 @8:58 pm

All limits save physics are arbitrary to someone. Why can't you just cut up people and call yourself a surgeon, buyer beware, etc? I know I can drive, why do I need a license to prove it to someone else? Arbitrary limitations, they're everywhere. You can complain about them all you like, but our entire social structure is mostly arbitrary. Hell, why do you wear pants in public? Someone's arbitrary decision that they don't want to see your balls? Inconceivable, right?

Palin politics, because I wasn't sure anyone else was around when Su-Abu was making an ass of himself in Ur. I went with a modern well-known political idiot instead… Is there an arbitrary limitation here against doing so?

11. Fred  •  May 7, 2013 @12:30 am

This is an improper analogy. Bloomberg never attempted to ban people from getting two drinks.

A proper analogy would have been banning him from taking a double-size pizza and forcing him to order two instead.

12. Fred  •  May 7, 2013 @12:32 am

Ah, James Pope said it better than I did in their first comment.