It was a bad one.
There was a police state.
My dogs almost fell off the roof of a six story rickety slum structure that looked like Kowloon Walled City.
Massive trains pulling huge industrial equipment cut across the streets without warning.
A naked man took me hostage and grabbed me in a surprisingly intimate way.
Anyway, getting on to the part that was bad:
All of which is to say that I've had a long-form blog post bubbling up for several weeks with a tentative title of "democracy: end or means? (why it should be neither)".
My hope is by making a public commitment (and thus shaming myself if I don't deliver the post by, say, 31 March) I'm going to goad myself into writing it.
Please feel free to mock me if the post doesn't arrive on schedule.
P.S. Don't do a google image search for "public commitment" where anyone can see your monitor. Trust me on this.
P.P.S. Seriously, I did have the above mentioned dream. It was freaky.
Last 5 posts by Clark
- depression - May 9th, 2013
- Mayday, Mayday...we are under attack - May 4th, 2013
- too good to fact check - May 3rd, 2013
- thought-crime and punishment - May 2nd, 2013
- Chris Broussard is a dinosaur snarling at the oncoming asteroid - April 30th, 2013