We've got a comment spam problem.
We use Akismet at Popehat, like many blogs using WordPress software. We've set comments to close automatically on posts after 60 days. But the flood of spam is still inexorable. I emptied the spam filter yesterday afternoon, and this morning it was at 600 comments again.
That makes it impractical to check the filter for genuine comments accidentally caught there. This annoys me.
Do any bloggers have any useful hints on managing this?
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- NYPD: Baby, You Know We Love You. Why Do You Make Us Angry Like That? - December 5th, 2013
- The Road To Popehat: "This Will Not Turn Out Well" Edition - December 4th, 2013
- I Smell French Blood. Also, Croat. - December 4th, 2013
- Quasi-Literate Racist Asshole Jim DeBerry of Definitive Television Threatens To Sue Above The Law For Calling His Video Racist - December 2nd, 2013
- In Which Elan Gale Teaches Two Social Media Lessons - December 2nd, 2013