Question for Bloggers: Do You Even Try to Check The Spam Filter?
We've got a comment spam problem.
We use Akismet at Popehat, like many blogs using WordPress software. We've set comments to close automatically on posts after 60 days. But the flood of spam is still inexorable. I emptied the spam filter yesterday afternoon, and this morning it was at 600 comments again.
That makes it impractical to check the filter for genuine comments accidentally caught there. This annoys me.
Do any bloggers have any useful hints on managing this?
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Sorry, Melissa - July 20th, 2014
- "Crisis Manager" Xavier Hermosillo Shrewdly Defuses Immigration Tumult By Threatening Cartoonist - July 16th, 2014
- Gleeful Troll Todd Kincannon Files First Amendment Suit Against South Carolina Attorney Authorities - July 15th, 2014
- Warrants: Bulwark Of Liberty, Or Paper Shield? - July 15th, 2014
- Monday Schadenfreupdates (Now Updated!) - July 14th, 2014