Remember Sinclair Community College, the school that banned signs at protests because of 9/11 and Virginia Tech and stuff?
They're still easily upset by signs.
This time, signs threaten not a new violent apocalypse, but prejudice. According to some sources, Sinclair demanded that on-campus construction workers cease work until they removed offensive "Men Working" signs.
Truly this is the sort of learning, growing experience that only the modern academy can provide: people who regulate sign content for a living telling people who build things for a living what to do.
After this incident, Sinclair's director of public information Adam Murka told Fox News that the college has a 'deep commitment to diversity' and takes it 'quite seriously.'
Murka added: 'While it may not have been necessary to suggest work be stopped, we stand by our commitment to providing an environment that is inclusive and non-discriminatory.'
They're certainly not discriminating against ridiculous people.
Hat tip: Craig Mazin.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- How I Became A Dupe, And Why I Blame Canada - December 6th, 2013
- NYPD: Baby, You Know We Love You. Why Do You Make Us Angry Like That? - December 5th, 2013
- The Road To Popehat: "This Will Not Turn Out Well" Edition - December 4th, 2013
- I Smell French Blood. Also, Croat. - December 4th, 2013
- Quasi-Literate Racist Asshole Jim DeBerry of Definitive Television Threatens To Sue Above The Law For Calling His Video Racist - December 2nd, 2013