Greg Lukianoff's Talk On "Unlearning Liberty"

You may also like...

6 Responses

1. TJIC says:

> this is no way to run a railroad

Be careful what you wish for.

I don't know if this current crowd CAN make a railroad run on time, but I'm certain that they're willing to crack a few eggs to see if they can.

2. AE Viescas says:

"apathy about free expression amongst students and faculty is terrifying"

aka "I'm the only one who thinks this is a serious business problem who is actually associated with a university as opposed to criticizing it from the outside."

What a ringing endorsement. When nobody cares, blame the "sheeple."

3. C. S. P. Schofield says:

TJIC,

You inspired me to posit the following rule "It may be impossible to make an omelette without breaking eggs, but it is sadly all too possible to break eggs without making an omelette."

4. Jo says:

@C.S.P. Schofield:
    c.f. Randall Jarrell:

A War
    There set out slowly, for a Different World,
    At four, on winter mornings, different legs …
    You can't break eggs without making an omelet.
    –That's what they tell the eggs.

5. C. S. P. Schofield says:

The Right has a tendency to assume that censorship on campus is ideological and comes from the Leftwing instructors. And given some of the extraordinarily idiotic theories pushed by academics, their suspicion is not without merit. But it does seem to me that on campus censorship is much likelier to be the policy of Administrators who want what Administration weenies always want; absolute authority without accountability. It isn't ideological because to be so the administrators would have to be capable of conceiving of ideas.

Now, the effect of campus censorship will tend to match the ideological spectrum of the instructors, since those will not be likely to create controversy on campus.

6. TheOtherMatt says:

Got the book through affiliate link
    THEN
    speant three hours breaking drm So I could put it on my <a href="http://www.loc.gov/nls/businessplan/playerdescription.html&quot; Government issued e-reader damn you amz