Talking the talkies

Print This Post

David Byron

David Byron is a software developer working for the military-industrial complex. At Popehat, he writes about art, language, theater (mostly magic), technology, lyrics, and aleatory ephemera. Serious or satirical poetry spontaneously overflows from him while he's recollecting in tranquility. @dcbyron

10 Responses

1. AJ says:

I expect we'll lose power at some point (Baltimore), so we're charging up various electronic devices now. For the kid I foresee a lot of handheld videogame playing after the power craps out, and a lot of reading for me and the husband. Perhaps some pattern-drafting. That's boring, but there probably won't be anything better to do.

2. M. says:

Infrequently I'm grateful to be in Texas, although BF was visiting home in the Dominican Republic when both Irene and Sandy hit there, oddly.

3. Nicholas Weaver says:

As a Californian, I'll just be laughing my ass off, as all we have to deal with is the occasional 8.point.fuck.you from Ms San Andreas (and traffic that would make Lucifer cringe…)

4. Rob says:

Frankly, my dear, I'll be sitting 3000 miles away in Oregon not giving a damn.

5. Anony Mouse says:

I live in the middle of the country where we don't have to deal with such…

brb, tornado

6. Joe Pullen says:

Like M, I'll be hanging around in Texas having had all my travel plans for next week kabollexed.

Remindes me of a presentation I did some 20 years ago on security and disaster preparedess where someone asked me "should I open the window when a tornado is headed our way to equalize the pressure in the house so the windows don't blow out" to which I replied "not to worry, if the tornado wants the windows open, it will open them for you"

7. Anita says:

According to M's map, I may need to hit the liquor stores in my St. Louis location. It seems the weather might miss us entirely, though (so St. Louis!). Better stock up, just in case.

In reality, we're not in the path of Sandy unless things go drastically fubar. I hope everyone 'round here stays safe.

8. Deb says:

We'll be making our way through 100 Things to Do With Kids During a Power Outage:

Stay safe and warm, everyone!

9. M. says:

@Joe Pullen: Ah, Darwin Award candidates. It amazes me that our species has survived beyond the mythology-laden days of yore, in the central U.S. anyway…