One of the things I like about Popehat is that for the most part the comments are (at least in the context of the internet) civil. That's mostly organic, not a matter of moderation.
Recently we've had quite a surge in traffic, and an accompanying surge in comments. It's become much harder to moderate comments. Things like this thread, which Patrick was quite right to close, have ensued.
I'm quite angry about that thread. I'm rather disgusted it happened here. I'm irritated that, because I'm on vacation with my family, it got to that point without me reviewing it. It's leading me to give some thought to the future of comments in particular and Popehat in general.
I'm sad about that. But more angry. Yes, mostly angry. Actually quite angry.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Prenda Law: The Sound of One Shoe Dropping - May 20th, 2013
- This Is The Most Wonderful Legal Threat EVER - May 17th, 2013
- OMICS Publishing Group Makes A Billion Dollar Threat - May 15th, 2013
- Rakofsky Versus The Internet: Advantage, Internet - May 12th, 2013
- Hilarious New Team Prenda Argument: Judge Wright's Order Is Irrelevant Because of Gay Marriage - May 9th, 2013