Well, That Put Me In My Place

Print This Post

You may also like...

9 Responses

1. Robert White says:

I read the post. I cannot imagine TSA agents following policy like that. They seem to make shit up as they go along, just like any self-inflated authority.

The part where they cited an actual, verifiable legal standing, was completely unbelievable.

2. A work of art in its brevity and effective use of a cultural reference.

In the same situation, I might have just gone with something about the threat of Diet Coke and Menthos, lowbrow Stooges fan that I am.

3. Z says:

I knew it was parody because in real life they would just kick you in the balls and take your soda.

4. Pete says:

I haven't bumped into mandated soda testing yet, but my wife relates that on her international flights last week passengers were not allowed to bring drinks (even though purchased in the secure area) onto the aircraft.

5. Rob says:

Great minds think alike. After reading that I was fantasizing about saying something like "So you want to test my beverage, eh?", throwing the beverage in their face, then poking their eyes Three-Stooges style while yelling "nyuk nyuk nyuk!"

For some reason Three-Stooges slapstick fits the TSA perfectly.

6. simcop2387 says:

I showed this around on hacker news, got pointed to a place that has what appears to be some decent coverage of this too.

7. Dan P says:

I might be a little fuzzy on the Constitution and the Bill of Rights … but isn't there a bit in there concerning "unreasonable search and seizure"?

Also, is it possible to make reading the Declaration of Independence and Constitution a requirement for Congress? Obviously, this will also require a comprehension test … passing score is required to take your seat.

8. Valdis says:

Dan P: I'd be in support of making all candidates for public office, at all levels, pass the same citizenship test that we give to people seeking to be naturalized citizens.

1. July 9, 2012

[...] So. It Has Come To This. The right of self-defense is the first law of nature; in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest possible limits. … and [when] the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any color or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction. — St. George Tucker, Judge of the Virginia Supreme Court (1803) [...]