Well, That Put Me In My Place

Irksome

Over at The Agitator, Patrick shows me how a TSA post is done.

1. Robert White  •  Jul 6, 2012 @12:44 pm

I read the post. I cannot imagine TSA agents following policy like that. They seem to make shit up as they go along, just like any self-inflated authority.

The part where they cited an actual, verifiable legal standing, was completely unbelievable.

2. Wilhelm Arcturus  •  Jul 6, 2012 @1:03 pm

A work of art in its brevity and effective use of a cultural reference.

In the same situation, I might have just gone with something about the threat of Diet Coke and Menthos, lowbrow Stooges fan that I am.

3. Z  •  Jul 6, 2012 @2:19 pm

I knew it was parody because in real life they would just kick you in the balls and take your soda.

4. Pete  •  Jul 6, 2012 @2:49 pm

I haven't bumped into mandated soda testing yet, but my wife relates that on her international flights last week passengers were not allowed to bring drinks (even though purchased in the secure area) onto the aircraft.

5. Rob  •  Jul 6, 2012 @3:57 pm

Great minds think alike. After reading that I was fantasizing about saying something like "So you want to test my beverage, eh?", throwing the beverage in their face, then poking their eyes Three-Stooges style while yelling "nyuk nyuk nyuk!"

For some reason Three-Stooges slapstick fits the TSA perfectly.

6. simcop2387  •  Jul 6, 2012 @9:05 pm

I showed this around on hacker news, got pointed to a place that has what appears to be some decent coverage of this too.

7. Dan P  •  Jul 9, 2012 @5:37 am

I might be a little fuzzy on the Constitution and the Bill of Rights … but isn't there a bit in there concerning "unreasonable search and seizure"?

Also, is it possible to make reading the Declaration of Independence and Constitution a requirement for Congress? Obviously, this will also require a comprehension test … passing score is required to take your seat.

8. Valdis  •  Jul 10, 2012 @8:40 pm

Dan P: I'd be in support of making all candidates for public office, at all levels, pass the same citizenship test that we give to people seeking to be naturalized citizens.

1 Trackback