Marian Call is on a Quest

Print This Post

David Byron

David Byron is a software developer working for the military-industrial complex. At Popehat, he writes about art, language, theater (mostly magic), technology, lyrics, and aleatory ephemera. Serious or satirical poetry spontaneously overflows from him while he's recollecting in tranquility. @dcbyron

You may also like...

15 Responses

1. Gal says:

She seems too good to be true.

2. David says:

Take her down a notch by shipping her to the old world!

3. Jim says:

Gal, she does, but she is true. Good people, awesome voice, and probably the lowest cost of entry to "patron of the arts" status you could possibly imagine.

4. Scott Jacobs says:

Why should we do that?

When did we start doing Europe favors?

She's too good for those jerks. ;)

5. David says:

France has a place in my heart. Yes, France! And Bavaria. And there's a place reserved for Prague.

6. Scott Jacobs says:

The places that make good beer get a pass…

No where else, though.

7. "Geeky"? Why can't I ever meet geeks who look like that?

Wish I had the bucks to kick in, but I'm having to run an Indiegogo fundraiser for my own works.

8. Capt Dingleberry says:

She must be good since the Kickstarter goal has already been reached. I guess a little extra for some presents to bring back from good, old Europe will be appreciated though.

9. David says:

@Capt, that clinches her trip to England and Wales, and covers the core expenses. Anything given above the initial goal will go to "unlocking" countries on the continent. Fans in unlocked countries will then determine which cities! Her map and FAQ will be updated to show progress.

It's a pretty creative way to set an itinerary while ensuring that costs are covered. (With a party of two, both bards, they should really consider bringing a cleric….)

It's amazing that the goal was reached in 2hrs, but the game remains afoot!

10. AlphaCentauri says:

Thanks for the tip. It's nice to see independent artists able to control their music by taking control of the finances. Her musical styles are all over the map.

11. AlphaCentauri says:

Here's the rest of the photoshoot, for folks who like the "geek" look. No wonder her skin looks so pale. It was 0 Farenheit when they took it.

12. docrailgun says:

THat's not armor, it's metal underwear. Not that I'm complaining.

13. Damon says:

@ docrailgun,

Red hair? Check!
    Armour Bikini? Check
    Alluring gaze? Check

Confirmation: Lust!

14. Secular Absolutist says:

AND she's in concert in LA next week. See you there Ken??

I love she takes paypal and the ticket is a screen capture of the paypal receipt. I love she uses kickstarter to finance her tours. Most likely, the big business music chronies in Hollywierd can't even see this as a business model and here she is making a living doing it! I hope she writes an ebook on her adventure into stardom the i'way.

I wish I was born about 25 years later. Dang!

15. tarylcabot says:

not a gamer, but after your review, i purchase a handful of songs from Something Fierce & then a few from previous album (being a Firefly fan, got a kick out of "It's good to have Jayne on your side". Happy that you continue to support her.