Dear potential clients cold-calling me:
I thought that I had made this fairly clear when I gave some pointers for cold-calling a lawyer.
But apparently I was too subtle on this point. So here we go:
With the exception of a very rare case in which I was an advocate, I am not personally responsible for the current state of the law. You can tell because my views about what the law should be — centered around personal responsibility, the rule of law, freedom of expression, freedom of worship, strictly limited government power, exacting oversight of police and military power — are increasingly viewed as nutty and marginal. I am not the law.
So, if you get agitated with me because you do not like the answers I am giving you about the current state of the law, please make an effort to separate me, the lawyer whose time you are consuming, from the legal system. Please meditate before your call, take some pills, have a drink, whatever you need to do. Because if you start yelling at me because you blew the statute of limitations on your case, as if it's my fault that you're lazy or my fault how short the statute of limitations is, I will hang up on you. Not only that, I will slam down the receiver so hard that your great-grandchildren will have foreshortened ears and an inattentive expression in their graduation photos. Because I do not have to put up with that shit.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Prenda Law: The Sound of One Shoe Dropping - May 20th, 2013
- This Is The Most Wonderful Legal Threat EVER - May 17th, 2013
- OMICS Publishing Group Makes A Billion Dollar Threat - May 15th, 2013
- Rakofsky Versus The Internet: Advantage, Internet - May 12th, 2013
- Hilarious New Team Prenda Argument: Judge Wright's Order Is Irrelevant Because of Gay Marriage - May 9th, 2013