Teaser Post: Upcoming New Scam Investigations

You may also like...

9 Responses

1. Windypundit says:

Since you so clearly enjoy investigating these scams, I will now forward all suspected scam emails I receive to you, so that you may use them as fodder for your blog. You're welcome.

2. Rangoric says:

I am going to need to see if Popcorn is on sale :)

3. shg says:

I didn't think there was anything particularly scammy about it. It was a pretty obvious pitch for SEO backlinks, with the giveback being an infographic. It seemed to me to be sufficiently overt that anyone who took them up on their infographic (or guest post) knew what they wre getting themselves into.

4. Joe says:

I have mad internet forensic skills. I'm pretty decent at finding just about anything or anyone. You have my contact info – feel free to ping me if you need me to assist on anything.

5. Patrick says:

How is this any different from Superlawyers, except that:

1) It's for bloggers instead of lawyers;
    2) It's cheaper;
    3) You get a backlink instead of a crappy magazine and a plaque on the wall.

Admittedly, the suckers are even more narcissistic, but the stakes are smaller.

6. Scott Jacobs says:

More narcissistic than lawyers?

My God…

7. Rusty says:

Dear God, please let the second scam be Rachel from Cardmember Services. Please please please!

8. Joe says:

Rusty – amen. I just got another two calls from them today. Poor lonely Rachel – she just won't give up.

I'm just not sure there is anything that can be done. The fact this scam keeps popping up tells me that unfortunately there are people falling for it.

If you want a really good laugh have a look at this YouTube of someone who yanked their chain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAuW-A6vrq0

9. AlphaCentauri says:

If it involves spam/fraudulent websites, any help I can provide is at your disposal.