Chelsea Kay of KRCR-TV Supports Shooting, Being A Lapdog

Print This Post

You may also like...

22 Responses

1. This might explain some of it:

From her webpage Chelsea Kay: "Growing up with a dad in law enforcement, Chelsea latched on to the thrill of a good story at a very young age."

2. Al says:

Puppies are bullshit.

3. mojo says:

Them Chi-hua-huas are vicious little bastards, pregnant or not.

4. Mad Rocket Scientist says:

Yep, horribly vicious, they'll grab on and take the finish right off your boot leather.

5. firehat says:

I'm pretty sure it's a conflict of interest to report on LE matters when your immediate family includes a cop. That's a pretty serious "I forgot to mention."

6. To be fair, we should all (yes, I'm including myself and all other bloggers as part of "the media") report on both the good things and the bad things that LE does. As it is, the bad stuff always gets the hype, and the good stuff gets second chair. That's when it's not just turned back at the door, that is.
    Lapdogs? No. Fair? Yes.

7. Lago says:

These stories always make my blood boil. Not that i like chihuahuas or anything. But the senseless dog killings by police matters more to me than I care to admit..

8. Kim Scarborough says:

The last line of the article: "When an officer kills an animal, the Police Chief reviews it to determine if it was justified." I have to wonder, has the Police Chief ever ruled that an animal killing was not justified? Might be an interesting question that a, y'know, reporter might ask.

9. shg says:

"To be fair, we should all (yes, I'm including myself and all other bloggers as part of "the media") report on both the good things and the bad things that LE does."

You are so right. Today, my local police did not kill a single small-breed dog. Unlike yesterday. Wow, it feels so good to be a positive force for law enforcement.

10. Diane says:

Ok and why is this the reporters fault? She did not kill the dog she just reported it! Grow up Redding!

11. Ken says:

Thank you, Diane, for bringing up the crisis in modern education.

12. JC says:

Rocco has nothing to be concerned about because Rocco has done nothing wrong. Only the dogs that have done something wrong have a reason to be afraid (the chihuahua was an accessory as we all know).

13. Grandy says:

As it so happens, your garden variety LE official is very good at determining which dogs have done something wrong and which have not. It's a sixth, or even seventh, sense.

14. Z says:

Ken, do you expect hard hitting, independent, unbiased journalism from the U.S. media in 2012?

15. Paul says:

I think those dogs must have been wearing hoodies

16. mojo says:

You have to wonder if the other cops give him a ration over it in the locker room…

"Hey, killah, what up?"
    "Arf! Arf! Arf!"
    "Pooch puncher!"

17. Mandy says:

Well, I heard the chihuahua had the "pungent" odor of burning marijuana about her, and the boxer made "furtive gestures," which made the officer "fear for his safety." Only after identifying himself as a police officer and instructing the aforementioned canines to halt was the officer "forced" to "discharge his weapon." Did I miss any?

18. Mercury says:

This actually surprises me given my recent experiences although the obvious answer is that dogs aren’t part of the “environment”.

As far as I can tell, cops these days typically defer all animal issues to the local animal control officer whose job is not to protect people from animals but to protect animals from people. And these muni-employees aren’t the tough-guy, cigar chomping dog catchers with Marines tattoos on their forearms that you may remember from your youth but crunchy, clog-wearing, usually female clipboard holders without weapons of any kind in evidence.

You could have a rabid looking raccoon/coyote/fisher cat wander onto a playground full of kids and the animal control officer will (after making baby talk to the crazed mammal) close down the playground for however long it takes to avoid “stressing” the animal and under no circumstances will a decision be made on the spot to remove the animal from the area…and God help you if you take matters into your own hands.

19. Alex says:

What Ms. Kay is practicing is not journalism, but the other oldest occupation.

20. Christoph says:

I don't know, man. I'm a bit sympathetic because boxers kind of freak me out.

I dated this girl who had one and aside from always being concerned that the dog was going to rip my throat out, I always had to admit she loved him more than me. But since she was screwing me and not him, I let it slide.

21. Scott Jacobs says:

But since she was screwing me and not him

ppft. That you know of.

I'll just let that percolate in your mind's eye. You're welcome. :)

22. Jay H Curtis says:

"That you know of."

Ouch. The question would then have to be whether the dog was better? 8-)