Having lots of commenters on your blog is a wonderful thing.
Oh, the ones who consistently leave thoughtful and well-writen comments and engage in meaningful discussion of ideas? Yeah, sure. They're ok, I guess.
I was actually referring to the few who make utter fools of themselves. They don't show up too often. But when they do, the result can be beautiful.
Today's case in point: Ophelia Benson, who one suspects is not a strong booster of Sarah Palin, declined to publish a comment calling Ms. Palin a cunt. The commenter, one Nigel, professed disbelief that anyone would not welcome his trenchant commentary. Hilarity, as they say, ensues. Watch as Nigel works himself into a fury in reaching the conclusion that when people won't publish "Sarah Palin is a cunt" on their blog, THAT'S FASCISM. Also, protip: if it requires 10 paragraphs to justify why you are not being a dick, you are probably being a dick.
One last thing: if you don't want your name associated with such wankery, don't sign your name to abusive emails containing such wankery.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- How I Became A Dupe, And Why I Blame Canada - December 6th, 2013
- NYPD: Baby, You Know We Love You. Why Do You Make Us Angry Like That? - December 5th, 2013
- The Road To Popehat: "This Will Not Turn Out Well" Edition - December 4th, 2013
- I Smell French Blood. Also, Croat. - December 4th, 2013
- Quasi-Literate Racist Asshole Jim DeBerry of Definitive Television Threatens To Sue Above The Law For Calling His Video Racist - December 2nd, 2013