Like Spam For Ponies

Print This Post

You may also like...

19 Responses

1. shg says:

You are so much more imaginative than I am. I told her One BILLION dollars. She countered with $12.47 and a pony. It's hard to find hay around my house.

2. doug says:

I want you to have a pony. Its for the children. Btw, what are your real guidelines for submissions? Its not that give you a boatload of money thing and then maybe we can eat lunch if I sit at the next table thing, is it?

3. CTrees says:

I'm… actually tempted to start a kickstarter to buy a pony to send to Ken, along with a handwritten post about the coming Congressional election, as viewed through the framework of a Dungeons and Dragons campaign. This post wouuld be taped to the pony's bridle, naturally.

I can dream…

4. CTrees says:

My kingdom for an edit button…

5. Josephine says:

Do you really mean to "lay down" some hay for Clark? It sounds to me as if you're confusing hay with straw.

6. Ken says:

No, hay. I figure he can roll around in it, or use it to construct a rhetorical opponent.

7. Dwight Brown says:

I would pay money to read a seven thousand word post from David on the history of artistic portrayals of dogs playing poker.

Good money. Like 300 quatloos.

8. Rebekah says:

Really requires an image of a Pony.

9. Cathy says:

I'm worried. This sounds like an open offer that she could choose to accept at any time. And ponies are expensive to stable. Unless you get a fire-breathing one, in which case the situation may take care of itself rather quickly.

10. SPQR says:

No, Cathy, his point 3 creates a problem of indefinite terms. Not a valid offer … so long as the contract is not construed as being under the UCC.

11. A Critic says:

I once saw a sign saying "Found: Lost Pony". I think someone let it go loose because they couldn't afford it. I wish I had taken it and eaten it. Mmmm….pony.

12. panzersage says:

All I can take away from this blog post is Ken is a brony. The reality of this may or may not be true but that was all I could think the entire time I read his response.

13. Damon says:

I'd have asked for the deed to a small island. :)

14. John says:

I think there comes a point in tedious 'guest' posts where the pony exchange has to morph into a dwarf unicorn. You should have noted that.

15. Kasey says:

You know, as much as you complain (rightfully) about blog comment spam, I would think that when someone takes the time to actually send you an e-mail and ASK, you could give her a straight answer.

but then, as said by several people who actually know you in your starbucks-missed-encounters post, you are kind of a dick. But I love you anyway.

You could have gone about this both ways, I think… Send her an e-mail saying something like, No, I'm sorry. Popehat.com doesn't accept sponsored posts. However, I am going to write up an amusing post about this conversation, and give you a little free publicity" and then include everything you posted above.

16. Thank you for this. I fancy myself a snarky fellow, but you are truly the king. I salute you.

17. andrews says:

In a better world, each spammer would be required to send spam to each other spammer. That situation would last for several minutes, until each spammer's mail server had caught fire. Following which, we would have a much better world because of the reduction in spam.

In an ideal world, each potential spammer would be boiled in rancid possum grease before they had the opportunity to send spam.

18. markm says:

Andrews: Why do you hate possums?

1. March 15, 2012

[...] newly-developed policy on accepting paid posts to his blog is one for the ages: 1. We will accept a paid post from [...]