Putting Up The Popehat Signal In Texas For A Wrongfully Threatened Science Blogger

Print This Post

You may also like...

19 Responses

1. KevinM says:

You might drop a link to Beldar:

He's been a blogger for a long time and seems to have some legal chops. His law office bio shows him with experience with defamation.

2. Alan Kellogg says:

And who is the mystery blogging you're helping? Some of us may want to blog on his behalf too.

3. Ken says:

Thanks, Kevin.

Alan, I'm not revealing his identity right now. My focus is his best interests. When his best interests merit a Streisand Effect approach, I'll take it.

4. Tab says:

If you need some writing, researching, doc review, whatever etc help in Texas, I'll help. I'm licensed, but don't practice.

5. Ken says:

You rock, Tab! I may have some questions for you. Thanks.

6. Scott Jacobs says:

Liberty Chick suggests giving the Liberty Institute a ring and ask Kelly Shackelford. They were the folks who helped with the lawsuits that were endured by the folks trying to get word out on the voter fraud in Texas (King Street Patriots).

7. Ken says:

Thanks. I will bear that in mind.

8. Ming the Merciless Siamese Cat says:

I'll need to know more details before signing on, but I have an office and a dozen very capable associates in Texas who'd welcome a break from the usual financial services litigation I have them doing now. Send me an e-mail and let's talk.

9. Dan Weber says:

This is sewious! Let's save the bwogger!

I can't help it, you've had that stuck in my head for a half hour now.

10. Rliyen says:

Dan, I got the theme song stuck in my head.

….And when we work together, we got the right stuff!

ACK!

11. Ken says:

Thanks, Ming. Sending you an email.

12. Marc says:

Ken,
    I'm a solo and practice healthcare regulatory law in Texas. Count me in if it is what I think it is about.
    Marc

13. Kasey says:

Can you tell us what county it's in? I work for an attorney in Bell county, so if it's local, we might be able to help. I don't know if you heard, but Texas is a big place.

14. Ken says:

Thanks to everyone who has responded; if I have not written you yet, I will. I've had emailed responses as well.

Kasey, the answer to that question is kind of complicated. I will email you separately.

15. Stephen says:

I'll buy the celery for everyone when this is all over.

16. Ken says:

Kasey, to clarify: the most likely location of any Texas-based litigation is Dallas, though attorneys throughout Texas could be helpful.

17. Chris says:

I hate you. That damn song is going to be stuck in my head all day.

18. Kasey says:

Yeah. Dallas is a bit out of the range of my small firm. Also, I asked my boss about it, and he didn't even know about the new anti-SLAPP law here in Texas, so it probably wouldn't have been a good fit anyway. Sorry Ken. Love the site. keep it up.

1. January 8, 2012

[...] legal threats [Scott Greenfield; earlier; Ken's defense in Maryland of blogger Aaron Worthing; new case of science blogger in [...]