I'm trying to figure out how to help two people facing SLAPP suits — one in Maine, one in Maryland. Both have contacted me, directly or indirectly, based on things we've written here.
In a super-awesome world, I'd connect them with experienced litigators with First Amendment experience admitted in those states willing to help them pro bono (neither has money).
In a still pretty awesome world, I'd find litigators admitted in those states who could act as local counsel while I do the work.
In a reasonably awesome world, I'd get references to people who might help.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Any help is much appreciated and contributes to fighting SLAPP suits nationwide.
Shoot me an email at ken at popehat dot com.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- How I Became A Dupe, And Why I Blame Canada - December 6th, 2013
- NYPD: Baby, You Know We Love You. Why Do You Make Us Angry Like That? - December 5th, 2013
- The Road To Popehat: "This Will Not Turn Out Well" Edition - December 4th, 2013
- I Smell French Blood. Also, Croat. - December 4th, 2013
- Quasi-Literate Racist Asshole Jim DeBerry of Definitive Television Threatens To Sue Above The Law For Calling His Video Racist - December 2nd, 2013