It's been a productive month from a work standpoint, but blogging has suffered. Here are some of the things that I meant to write about, but couldn't in October 2011:
1) My dog Tanner ran off at the beginning of the month, and was on the loose for 48 hours in a busy downtown area of a mid-sized city. Tanner is a lovable, goofy spaz. How he didn't wind up as roadkill I still don't know. I was going to write about the idiocy of strangers (the lady who caught him, called us to let us know that (I was 200 miles away and driving home), then left a large, athletic dog in a yard with a 30 inch fence he easily jumped), the kindness of strangers (another lady caught him and walked him a mile to our house), the power of social networking on the local level (he was returned to us because a Facebook post I wrote was widely circulated by friends and friends of friends), and the weird attachment some of us feel for other species.
This is Tanner:
2) I'm attending a zombie walk tomorrow, with Tanner. The photo above shows his zombie costume last Halloween.
3) The photo I didn't get to take, because it would have been dangerous to do so in traffic: a large truck with the logo AMERICAN SAFETY being hauled from a wreck by an even larger truck. Whoever hit the AMERICAN SAFETY truck scored a bull's eye, directly over the words AMERICAN SAFETY.
4) The photo I did get to take:
5) The wife passed out and broke her nose last Friday. I have a nice photo, which I won't post, and a lot of choice thoughts about hospital protocol, which I've already written about. Why do doctors say "syncopal episode" to people who've had concussions when they mean "fainting"? Are they trying to justify their fancy eddications, or just to piss off the guy in the room who does know what "syncopal episode" means, because he didn't suffer a concussion from falling on concrete?
Is there anything you meant to write about this month, but couldn't get around to? If so, feel free to write a digest version in the comments.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- if you MARRY! like your REPRODUCE! doctor you OBEY! can keep NO INDEPENDENT THOUGHT! your doctor. SUBMIT! if you CONSUME! like your STAY ASLEEP! plan you can WATCH TV! keep it. BUY! period. NO IMAGINATION! - December 4th, 2013
- I Am Thankful For This Bit Of Fun - November 28th, 2013
- They Shoot Ponies, Don't They? - November 27th, 2013
- Doctor Who: An Appreciation - November 23rd, 2013
- THINGS TO WANT AND BUY! - November 18th, 2013