It Would Be A Tragedy If America's Death Wish Came To Fruition Before Deming v. Filmdistrict Distribution Goes To Trial

Print This Post

You may also like...

22 Responses

1. Ken says:

I want to memorize his name and then throw my head away.

2. I haven't seen the movie and probably won't have time to, so perhaps someone can enlighten me about why, according to this woman, the movie is antisemitic?

3. Patrick says:

I'm not sure. I've ordered a copy of the Complaint, but it may take two days to arrive.

As for Martin H. Leaf, when all you have is a hammer, perhaps everything looks like a nail.

4. Wait, Syria went nuke? When?

And, in the usual order of things, I had no real desire to see this movie until I read this. Thank you Sarah… though I'll probably save it for Quickster… or Netflix… or whatever.

Plus, slightly off topic, what happened with Hitler vs. Ganesha?

5. Ken says:

FWIW, I read the book recently, and don't recall any such material in it. A Google search reveals a site I shall not name or link which asserts that her complaint says that a villain is portrayed as a Jew.

6. Just Plain Brian says:

Best movie in years. Sarah Deming is a moron who is probably a fan of Michael Bay.

7. Scott Jacobs says:

I would just like to comment on something Patrick touched upon when he spoke of Phantom Menace…

Dear people who are buying the new Blu-Ray sets of the movies…

You are why Lucas keeps fucking with the movies. You are was Han doesn't shoot first any more, why there is a fucking harmonica-playing muppet playing at Jabba's palace in Jedi, and why now it's Christensen instead of Shaw at the very END of Jedi.

STOP HELPING HIM RAPE MY CHILDHOOD!!!!

8. Is Albert Brooks the villain? He's the reason I want to see the movie now. I didn't know he was in it.

9. Just Plain Brian says:

Don't kid yourself, Scott, Lucas was figuring out how to work Care Bears into the story before Han's carbonite was cold. As long as he lives, he will continue to screw with the stories.

And yes, Han shot first, dammit!

10. Scott Jacobs says:

JPB,

YOU are a fan of the EU, correct? One of the books actually used the line "Don't worry, Han shot first".

11. Just Plain Brian says:

"Is Albert Brooks the villain?"

Everyone is a villain, except maybe the kid, and possibly the woman. Brooks, as always, is awesome, although he plays against type.

12. doug says:

years ago, i practiced law in the courthouse. Geoffrey Fieger, in those days, had a little studio in the lobby where he was interviewed whilst he defended Dr. Death.

13. Linus says:

I thought it was awful. Slow in the beginning, and then it slowed down, and then, when there was a bunch of action, and gratuitous blood, it was still boring. I felt like it wasted my 2 hours and my 11 bucks, and if Ryan Gosling and Christina Hendricks had been standing there as I exited the theater, I wouldn't have hit him, but I'd have called him a sonofabitch, and I'd have told her for shame, for letting the director make you look so damn unattractive.

But I wouldn't sue or anything.

14. Grandy says:

I loved Drive.

15. SPQR says:

How about the Nathan Fillion TV show Drive?

16. StrangeOne says:

The only mention of Jews in the film is this:

That's it. This is the only time Jews are brought up at all and its a Jewish mobster complaining about antisemitism among Italian mobsters (who are refereed to by similarly nasty racial epitaphs, just for the sake of irony). The two Jewish characters, as well as many of the Hispanic and white ones, are career criminals and in general pretty violent and despicable human beings. But only an absolute moron would consider that antisemitic.

Oh…

17. Will says:

Imagine if the US had bombed Israel to prevent them getting nuclear weapons? Don't want that bad stuff spreading, after all.

18. markm says:

"StrangeOne • Oct 10, 2011 @6:18 pm

The only mention of Jews in the film is this:

Ron Pearlman (playing a Jewish mobster) comments on how the East coast mobsters call him a kike to his face and treat him like a kid."

Maybe she reads antisemitism into any Jewish mobster (in a film where everyone is a criminal). Or maybe she thinks that having the cavemanish-appearing main villian Pearlman identify himself as Jewish amounts to intolerable antisemitism. Or perhaps she read the credits and discovered that the script writer has an Arabic name. All of these are perfectly good reasons for idiots and paranoid schizophrenics.

19. Linus says:

You know, Grandy, my brother loved it as well, just raved about it, and he and I generally like the same things. No biggie. It wasn't like it was A.I. or anything.

20. David says:

I agree with Sarah. I was very disappointed and misled into paying for this movie. The trailer was nothing like the movie. I was looking for more car scenes and not the gratiutous bloody murders. I would like to join her law suit.

1. October 10, 2011

[...] of false advertising and misrepresentation. [Update: I have been able to identify the lawyer, and he appears to be a nut.]She argues that the film was publicized as an auto chase action movie but was nothing of the kind. [...]

2. October 11, 2011

[...] But my effort was totally outclassed by Patrick. Well played, sir. Posted by Michael Munger at 01:56 PM [...]