[Barrens General] Obama: Formin Raid 2 Kill GWB, Leave In 13 Months. No n00bs! Checkin Gearscore!

Print This Post

18 Responses

1. John Anderson says:

Hilarious post, but I wonder if you need more than one hand to count the number of [War/Star]Craft fans who are also political animals.

2. Jim Hall says:

Well done. Much better.

I played WoW to level 68 or so, and screwed around with Starcraft a tiny amount, just enough to understand the analogy. I kinda ran out of time and inclination.

3. Chris Berez says:

Awesome post, Patrick. Really funny and well done.

4. Ken says:

The Popehat promise:

1. Half of our posts will be incomprehensible to 45% of you.

2. The other half will be incomprehensible to the other 45%.

3. 5% will get all of our posts.

4. 5% will get none of our posts.

That leaves out the few posts that absolutely nobody will get. But it's within the margin of error.

5. Derrick says:

OH IT'S ON NOW.

6. C. S. P. Schofield says:

Doubtless very clever, but it ignores that Obama appears to be playing some old Avalon Hill game that went obsolete in 1980.

7. Derrick says:

For the record, those games are classics and therefore never obsolete.

8. Kresh says:

Obama never played anything by Avalon Hill. Too many pieces and there's actual rules you have to follow.

He might own a copy of Panzer Leader or Jumpin for street cred, but the dude still don't know what 3-1 combat odds actually means and why you'd want it. Read all those combat charts? Psssh. He's got his hacker buddies like Ayers (who furnished him with the bot hacks that led him and his Chinese buddies to success in WoW) tellin' him how things work.

Dude's a scrub n00b and always will be. All he knows is how to six-pool or cannon rush. Game's different now. People rock infestors and will nydus your kiester in a moment if you let them. Dude can't handle M&M, the Destiny Cloud Fist build, or anything involving a grouping of more than 12 units. DT rush gets him every time.

He's been in wood league since beta. He's not looking like he's leaving anytime soon.

/nerd rant

9. Jason says:

That's cool-but why is that most of the [GOP] high level players don't want to play against Obama in 2012? Real question. I'm mystified why people like [CHR] and [MDN] aren't stepping up.

10. SPQR says:

Us real hardcore Avalon Hill players are all playing stuff from GMT Games like Vance Borries "Barbarrossa" series. There, Obama's "No Retreat" orders to his NKVD units haven't really improved his positional defenses.

11. ElamBend says:

@Jason
    I'm betting that part of it is that as bad a manager as Obama is (to me); his range of options in dealing with the economy were limited and will be the same for anyone who follows him (if he loses). I'm not saying there are things Obama should have done, but didn't, like take on the TBTF banks when everyone would have supported him; but the R's don't have any better ideas than the D's on what to do. Plus, some of the obvious problems that need to be addressed involved such politically radioactive actions that most in our gutless political class are afraid of it.

Why take on the problem when you can transfer to the commercial side and make fat bank selling influence.

12. Steve says:

Count me in as a political animal and starcraft nerd. How big of a SC nerd? Your photo caption is incorrect: those are bunkers, not barracks.

13. Patrick says:

What on earth are you talking about Steve?

14. Milano says:

Chalk another one up as a political Starcraft animal. In fact I'll do you one better – I subscribed to GSL (Global Starcraft League) matches for a few months and watched professional level Korean matches in my spare time. As far as the game goes, I made it up to mid platinum league in season two but I haven't played in months. And my 2v2s were awful. Still, once I relearn exactly when to Overpool into Speedling/Baneling and transition to Mutalisks, and when to 14-hatch to support Roach/Hydra play (with Corruptor backup against massive air units), I'll be right back in the game.

15. rmv says:

Man, I love Popehat so much

16. Rliyen says:

I <3 this post.

17. Great post. Do not underestimate the number of /craft fans who are interested in politics and read lawyer blogs.

18. SPQR says:

No, please, do underestimate them. Please.