Seven Italian seismologists are facing manslaughter charges, for failure to predict an earthquake.
Victoria University Geophysics Professor Euan Smith says a conviction would be “outrageous and unjust”, and earthquake prediction isn't possible to that degree of accuracy.
No, it would be business as usual in Italy, where members of the government encourage hooligans to throw bombs at disfavored minorities, while still higher officials molest young girls with impunity.
Speaking of which, Amanda Knox is undergoing a retrial despite the conclusion of every non-Italian expert to have reviewed her case that the forensic evidence, which is the only thing tying her to the murder of Meredith Kercher, "fell below international standards". To put it mildly.
We're hard on American prosecutors and police here, and justly so. But it's good now and then, with a little help from our friends abroad, to keep things in perspective.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- A Word From Our Sponsor - May 8th, 2013
- Lesson Plan And Syllabus For Second Semester Seniors, Princeton High School - May 3rd, 2013
- A Day Reading Popehat Is Like A Day At The Farm. Every Post Is A Banquet! Every Amazon Purchase A Fortune! Every Comment Thread A Parade! I Love Popehat! - May 2nd, 2013
- I Demand A Senate Investigating Committee - April 27th, 2013
- Be Aware That You Have Threatened, Tried To Blackmail And Accused Our Company Of SCAM With Your E-mail! - April 26th, 2013