I Have To Get This Out Of My System While It's Still Legal In Tennessee

Print This Post

You may also like...

10 Responses

1. John Burgess says:

While I understand this stupid law is likely focused on the cause of the day, bullying, I wonder how much of it motivated by releases of gruesome death photos or autopsy photos.

I think both of those are subject to full First Amendment protections, but I know many people get far more squeamish about having pictures of their kids' brains splashed on the highway popping up on websites.

2. firehat says:

Ken, you were already a criminal in Tennessee for being a papist and keeping a miscegenated household.

3. Ken says:

firehat: Hey! I'm an EX-papist.

John: perhaps, but if that's what they are trying to address, it's like trying to get a splinter out of a toddler's foot with a shotgun.

4. RIch says:

I just called and told him that his disregard for his oath to protect the constitution has caused the graves of every Marine who has died defending that document to turn over. He should be greatly distressed since he is a former marine. I should say former, I am pretty sure you are no longer a Marine when you commit to destroying what your brothers have died for.

5. Tam says:

From the linked Onion blurb: "…and the state's dead-last ranking among U.S. states in citizens-to-books ratio (70,000:1)."

Careful, there. Knoxville ranks 11th in book sales from Amazon, and I understand that doesn't even count Harlequin romance novels and unauthorized biographies of Peyton Manning.

6. Scott Jacobs says:

This makes me want to go to Tennessee (State Motto: "A land untouched by modern dentistry.") and post horrible things, just so I can be the guy who takes this to the supreme court and gets an 9-0 decision calling them ignorant twats.

Well, only if Scalia writes it. If someone else authors the opinion, they'd just be called morons.

7. Ken says:

Tam, I seek to treat Tennessee with the same dignity and fairness that we treat all other states.

8. Ansley says:

Did your kid decorate that pic for you?

9. Xenocles says:

Tam-

What's the rank if we exclude Glenn Reynolds's purchases?

10. Tam says:

Glenn still has to buy books? ;)