This morning I'm very sorry to see news of the passing of Joel Rosenberg — husband and father, author, gun policy expert, and activist.
As a youngster, I thoroughly enjoyed Joel Rosenberg's Guardians of the Flame series. As a writer at Popehat, I grew to appreciate a frequent commenter who went by the handle Jdog — and I was delighted to discover that it was Joel. Later, I came to admire his activism on gun rights issues and his willingness to stand up against the ethos that the rules for citizens are whatever some upjumped government lackey thinks they should be. From interchanges with him after Patrick wrote about his case here, I found that he was as delightful a correspondent as he was an author.
He leaves us too soon. My thoughts are with his family.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Why Should Guns Trump Principles? - April 24th, 2014
- The Procedural Tail That Wags The Substantive Dog: Update On Michael Mann's "Hockey Stick" Lawsuit - April 23rd, 2014
- Supreme Court Conjures Corrorboration of Anonymous Tip Out of Thin Air To Justify Traffic Stop - April 22nd, 2014
- You Have Questions? The Road To Popehat Has Answers - April 21st, 2014
- Fear Cuts Deeper Than Swords: Bergen Community College Freaks Out Over "Game of Thrones" T-Shirt - April 17th, 2014