Gallant Defuses A Crisis By Swiftly Picking A Coherent Narrative And Sticking To It.

16 Responses

1. TJIC says:

> This week, Democratic Rep. Anthony Weiner went all Goofus on us, lurching from one odd stance

Suspiciously wide, if you ask me.

The stance that is. Not the image.

…and also, "Shopped! LOLLLL!"

(Did I spell that correctly).

2. TJIC says:

> you came up short when the Democrats drew straws to see who’d be the guy to create a diversion while they carried a dead hooker out the back of the Capitol building.

A literal LOL here.

3. PeeDub says:

"wide stance" – heh

4. Piper says:

Would I be remiss in calling him a tool? The Daily Show last night had him listed as "Member of Congress" …

5. Don says:

I'd say it's a non-story unless the guy has made a political career out of telling other men to keep it in their pants.

6. Javert Freeman says:

Weiner is a little putz, but a big schmuck. Almost as smart as the love child of Col. Klink and Sgt. Schultz, you know Debbie (they failed their Wassermann test) Schultz.

7. Linus says:

Sorry, the "it's not a story unless there is HYPOCRISY!!!" attitude is lame. Since when is stupid, creepy behavior by elected officials not news? Personally, these kind of stories are boring to me in a dog-bites-man kind of way, but to act like there is no sin but hypocrisy…gag me.

8. Thank you, Linus. Well spoke, and spot on.

9. G Thompson says:

I'm sorry, it might be that Im Australian and coming into this story late..

But umm.. All I get from this is that some Politician called Weiner posted a picture of his weiner and is now being a complete weiner about it..

bawahahahahahaha..

10. marco73 says:

Weiner would be best served by the advice I see on this blog constantly: SHUT UP!
    But I think the media chasing down whether that is actually the Congressman in the picture is asking the wrong question: this guy has 45000 followers, but he only follows 91 other people? And those 91 other people include some young, attractive democrat women?
    Instead of asking Weiner embarassing questions and getting stupid answers, why doesn't some intrepid reporter cross reference the Congressman's travel itinerary for the past 12 months with the locations of some of the attractive women? It wouldn't take much research to find a pattern of Weiner introducing himself to some young ladies, then sending a picture to seal the deal.
    I'll bet that is exactly what his attorney and private investigators are doing right now.
    Of course, no one in the media has asked if there are other pictures or other women. That is just the dog that doesn't bark.

11. Mike says:

Its not just the "certitude" answer that made him look like an idiot. Its the categorical denial to the question "did you tweet that photo" that preceded it.

Reminds me of the old cross-examination joke:

"did you hit your wife on tuesday" "no"
    "did you hit your wife on wednesday" "no"
    "did you hit your wife on thursday" "I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me"

Everybody knows what happened – he tried to dm the photo to her, screwed it up and tweeted it to all his followers. There are entire websites devoted to idiots who accidentally tweeted a direct message.

12. jb says:

To the other similar admonitions above, I would add: If you are going to lie, don't make your statements internally inconsistent, because although that doesn't prove the allegations true, it makes it impossible for anyone to defend you.

13. Goober says:

Actually, my main problem with the whole thing is that the MF-er is lying.

Through his teeth.

And he's telling lies that are so outright transparent and stupid that a 5-year old can see through them, which sort of illuminates, to me at least, what his opinion is vis a vis the intelligence of his constituency.

Furthermore, I find it quite shocking that no one seems to see the real big, impotant picture here – it isn't that he sent a dicpic FYI – IT IS THAT HE IS LYING. TO OUR FACES. And he is unabashed and unashamed about it and no one seems to be bothered by that. I don't care if he sent a dicpic. I really don't. That's between him, his wife, and the smokin' hot coed with what i consider to be a really, truly nice rack.

What I care about is that, as a duly elected representative of his constituency, who has campaigned for their trust to make good decisions for them, HE IS LYING. Have we grown so accustomed to being lied to by our elected officials that it doesn't bother anyone anymore?

It seems like the only commentary on the web is about the dicpic and the "scandal" associated with it. No one that I've read has actually gone the extra step to point out the real outrage in the whole mess. HE. IS. LYING.

14. SPQR says:

Well, Goober a lot of people point out that he is a stupid liar.

15. Victor Milan says:

Goofus has struck again, and he's struck hard: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/06/02/weiner-says-hes-done-talking-about-twitter-photo-time-to-get-back-to-work/.

Either the RNC has a mole on this dude's press staff, or your dead hooker theory is looking ever more viable.

16. Ken says: