Hey, Who Would Win If Superman, Batman, And Spiderman Fought Ziggy and That Baby From Family Circus?

Effluvia

Joseph Rakofsky and his lawyer Richard Borzouye dealt the hand — now they're going to have to play it.

Randazza and Turkewitz will be appearing for 30 of the defendants — presumably some of the blogger defendants

The chances of Rakofsky and Borzouye getting sanctioned just went up dramatically. Pop some corn. This is going to be fun to watch.

1. shg  •  May 31, 2011 @3:10 pm

Presumably? You don't think they're worthy of the Washngton Post, or the ABA maybe?

2. Ken  •  May 31, 2011 @3:11 pm

No, I don't think the Post or the ABA are smart enough to use them. I'd expect them to use familiar, connected lawyers who would charge more for less result. I'd be happy to be wrong.

3. shg  •  May 31, 2011 @3:13 pm

You're not, but don't think the ABA doesn't realize it's the second string here. It's just that Randazza and the Turk have priorities.

4. Scott Jacobs  •  May 31, 2011 @3:16 pm

shg, I'm just guessing here, but I think they already have lawyers.

5. shg  •  May 31, 2011 @3:19 pm

Can't speak to WaPo, but the ABA doesn't "already have lawyers" for this. They really don't get sued for defamation all that often. I know, I'm shocked too.

6. Ken  •  May 31, 2011 @3:19 pm

So you just assumed that I was implicitly praising the ABA and Post and dissing Randazza, Turk, and fellow bloggers? God, you're such a grump.

Whoever ABA and the Post hire, they will never, in a million years, file anything as awesome as Randazza comes up with on his worst day.

7. Nathan  •  May 31, 2011 @3:30 pm

I wouldn't call it "fun" to watch. More "painful" to watch. Like a Ben Stiller embarrassment-comedy movie. Still popping the popcorn, though.

8. shg  •  May 31, 2011 @3:31 pm

Nah, just messing with your choice of language. God, you kids get uptight so easy. You know my theory on defamation, the Randazza Rule: Whoever gets Randazza rules.

9. SPQR  •  May 31, 2011 @8:59 pm

No, this is fun to lawyers.

10. Justin T.  •  Jun 1, 2011 @12:41 am

I think you underestimate Ziggy's determination and tenacity. That guy's been through some shit.

11. marco73  •  Jun 1, 2011 @5:16 am

Wow. Just wow.
    Even after they get slapped silly, if they still have law licenses, don't you think that Rakofsky and Borzouye will try to spin this little episode on their web sites as "standing up for the little guy" ?

12. Patrick  •  Jun 1, 2011 @11:58 am

Well, one can predict that when this is over Rakofsky will portray himself as an experienced first amendment lawyer.

2 Trackbacks