Draw Mohammed Day

Effluvia

Edit: It's Draw Mohammed Day again, but I'm too lazy and busy to draw something new, so I'm running a repeat.

jesusandmo

1. mirriam  •  May 20, 2010 @10:12 am

Dude, you are so gonna get it.

2. Brian  •  May 20, 2010 @10:59 am

Don't get me started, Mo.

[cigarette drag]

Don't get me started.

3. Lycisca  •  May 20, 2010 @2:10 pm
  4. Scott Jacobs  •  May 20, 2011 @2:13 pm

I love how "me" is capitalized… :)

5. Dustin  •  May 20, 2011 @3:36 pm

I'm offended that you're offended that I'm offended.

6. PLW  •  May 20, 2011 @6:23 pm

I'll play along: O-+–<

7. Rich Rostrom  •  May 20, 2011 @10:19 pm

One fundamental difference between Jesus and Mohammed:

Mohammed was violent. Forget about "violent stuff in [My] name" – he did violent stuff himself. He was a warlord who slew many of his own enemies, and exhorted his followers to do likewise. Now, he may have been right to do so – those people may have had it coming to them – but it is still fundamentally different from how Jesus did things.

And his exhortations to violence are part of Moslem scripture, whereas Jesus said nothing similar.

Christianity has a history of violence – but it also has a history of non-violence, which Islam does not.

8. G Thompson  •  May 21, 2011 @1:40 am

@Rich Rostrom

You do realise that Islam is an offshoot of Catholicism which is an offshoot of Judaism don't you? And that Jesus like Abraham, Noah, etc are also classified as prophets under Islam?

In fact your argument of stating that because Christianity has had some non-violent history, which is debatable, means it is less violent in nature to Islam is sophistic in the extreme. In fact there is a strong argument that any monotheistic organised religion is violent by its very nature, since what other ways does it have to brainwash the masses for control? Remembering violence does not only have to be physical but also psychological too.

I guess it all comes down to the petty squabbling that becomes extreme and violent by any religion and/or ideology that states "My God(s) is better than Your God(s)".

Maybe that's why all religions hate Atheists like myself with a passion since they have nothing to argue over, since your God(s) don't exist to us

9. Wayne Clemons  •  May 21, 2011 @9:16 am

@ G Thompson

Atheism?! How can we take seriously a religion that has nightmares about bananas. The idea of a true Atheist is so irrational, Aatheists like myself doubt that Atheists even really exists.

You do realize that Atheism is an offshoot of Christianity? And that Jesus, like Darwin, Freud, and Marx, is classified as an important teacher with valuable and influential ideas under Atheism?

Atheist criticisms of other religions as "violent" tends to backfire, since Atheist organizations (Commie governments, mostly) are responsible for far more violent in their quest for dominance of their beliefs than most other religions (as measured in pile of corpses). Then again, what other way would they have to force conversions?

But maybe the reason why Atheists hate Aatheists like myself with a passion is that we argue with them, while pretending that they don't exist to us.

10. delurking  •  May 23, 2011 @7:31 am

G Thompson,
    You followed this sentence:
    "In fact your argument of stating that because Christianity has had some non-violent history, which is debatable, means it is less violent in nature to Islam is sophistic in the extreme. "

With this one:
    "In fact there is a strong argument that any monotheistic organised religion is violent by its very nature, since what other ways does it have to brainwash the masses for control?"

Pretty funny.