I should know. I've argued with him on the internet.
Away from the internet, he's a just a tiny grain of sand, in the wheels of the Obama Administration, Congress, an "arguably" double-dealing bunch of ambulance chasers, and an attempt to compound 222 years of injustice to the largest group of victims in American history.
Read Frank's objection to the outrageous attorney's fee request by the Plaintiffs' counsel (NOT the Plaintiffs) in Cobell v. Salazar, the class action which purports to
sell out settle the claims of every American Indian whose land was stolen by the United States government, whose money was then stolen by the Department of Interior and Bureau of Indian Affairs, and whose settlement fund is … well … by the attorneys who allegedly represent them.
A sample of Frank's objection to the the request for legal fees:
This includes a seven-year stretch where Mr. [Dennis] Gingold billed 28,230 hours—an average of eleven hours a day, every day seven days a week without a single day off.
As anyone who has had to keep billing records knows, it is rare for ten hours of billing to take only ten hours: there are bathroom breaks, coffee breaks, meal breaks, interruptions, and so forth. There are legendary accounts of tireless attorneys who forgo family and leisure; work on little sleep; and are able to regularly bill 3000 hours a year, but they are few and far between. Perhaps Mr. Gingold is one of these exceptional individuals, so far above average that he can routinely bill 4000 hours a year without loss of productivity or health, but this proposition merits scrutiny.
That's only a sample. Read.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- A Word From Our Sponsor - May 8th, 2013
- Lesson Plan And Syllabus For Second Semester Seniors, Princeton High School - May 3rd, 2013
- A Day Reading Popehat Is Like A Day At The Farm. Every Post Is A Banquet! Every Amazon Purchase A Fortune! Every Comment Thread A Parade! I Love Popehat! - May 2nd, 2013
- I Demand A Senate Investigating Committee - April 27th, 2013
- Be Aware That You Have Threatened, Tried To Blackmail And Accused Our Company Of SCAM With Your E-mail! - April 26th, 2013