At least, it will if you are playing around with Dave's Mapper. I'm not sure how he did this. It appears Dave (and friends!) sat down and drew himself some dungeon levels, old school style. But he drew lots. Lots and lots. And then he drew some more. And he divided everything into sections, which he scanned and uploaded. The tool randomly takes sections and splices them together, ensuring that there is a proper path through the dungeon (some areas can be blocked off, but that's good; it leaves room for good DM to add detail). Fans of tabletop gaming that tended towards pen-and-paper RPGs will immediately love it. Anyone else who is curious about why we love some of the things we love is encouraged to take a look. The maps spring off the page and tug at the imagination.
Last 5 posts by Grandy
- Get to Know Your Authors: Arch-Nemesese Edition - October 4th, 2012
- Wednesday Night is Popehat's Semi-Annual Weekly Diablo 3 Night - May 23rd, 2012
- Friday Will Tug at your Imagination, One Square at a Time - April 15th, 2011
- Helherron Guide Now Online Too - March 16th, 2011
- Today in CRPGs - March 15th, 2011