I Show You State's Exhibit 4, Which Is A Photo Of A Sign Reading "Warning: This House Is Protected By CHUCK NORRIS!"

Print This Post

You may also like...

16 Responses

1. mdb says:

They were fighting chickens. Those can be vicious.

2. Patrick says:

I see.

It's a good thing Llovara didn't own a dog, or he might have been facing a B-52 and Mr. T.

3. Al says:

State's Exhibit 5: What kind of name is Llovara?

4. TJIC says:

> They were fighting chickens. Those can be vicious.

They were ALLEGED to be fighting chickens.

I find it somewhat terrifying that the government can just kill animals first and hold the trial later (if they decide to charge him).

But, heck, we've set that standard for citizens (what with targeted killing of Americans alleged to be supporting Al Quaida), so why would I expect poultry to have more rights than the State accords humans?

5. Nancy says:

If they were mammals they wouldn't have been killed on the spot. Mammals (such as rabbits, dogs, cats and so on) appeal to the general population, so they have to be treated carefully. Otherwise the fur would fly.

6. Grandy says:

I don't know, police forces seem increasingly quick to kill dogs these days.

7. Xearo says:

God, I won't be getting that 10 minutes back for reading this tripe !
    Geesh

8. Patrick says:

10 minutes?

You must be a careful reader.

9. Ken says:

I'm not sure, but I think you may have just sassed a spambot.

10. Paul says:

"I see.

It’s a good thing Llovara didn’t own a dog, or he might have been facing a B-52 and Mr. T."

For some reason, this comment had me laughing myself breathless. Just hit me at the right time, I suppose.

Gawd, but Phoenix has itself some strange happenings these days. I can't believe Arpaio is still around. Wasnt' he being investigated by the FBI or something?

11. G Thompson says:

Techdirt's own Marcus Carab just totally owned this Sheriff, who I can honestly say I had never heard of before (being in Australia) and having read about him, wish I never had heard of the IMHO complete nutjob.

Is there something about Arizona, this Sheriff's, and animals that I don't know about ? And Seagal? I knew he was some sort of LEO, but WTF! The mind boggles

12. randy says:

They were worried about the safety of chickens so they killed them all? I don't get it. Is the TV show about killing birds or something.

13. Jag says:

Radley Badko at Reason wrote a good piece on this in 2009.

The show, Police Woman of Broward County (where I live) is starting a new season and is again being hit with allegations of misconduct for paying victims and having the cops showboat for the cameras.

14. All of Llovara’s chickens were euthanized on the spot.

Well of course – they had to do something with the tank once they'd driven it all the way over there. Take that, chickens! That will teach you to get in a cock-fight with an M1-A2 Abrams battle tank.

15. MKH says:

I wonder how much Jesus will be billed for the poultry-enriched lawn-fertilizing service his benevolent county officers have provided him…

16. Segal Sucks says:

What the hell does Maricopa County, AZ, have to do with Jefferson Parish, LA? Is it not unlawful for Segal to be in that tank as part of a raid (be it chicken or otherwise)? That's no different than if I were driving the tank into the guy's house. I'm not a peace officer in that state and have no authority to enter that property, even if I am escorted by officers conducting a raid.