I Show You State's Exhibit 4, Which Is A Photo Of A Sign Reading "Warning: This House Is Protected By CHUCK NORRIS!"
I suppose that explains why Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio chose to raid the home of Jesus Llovara, an unarmed animal cruelty suspect, using a tank.
Neighbor Debra Ross was so worried she called 911 and went outside where a nearby home had its windows blown out, was crawling with dozens of SWAT members in full gear, armored vehicles and a bomb robot.
“When the tank came in and pushed the wall over and you see what's in there, and all it is, is a bunch of chickens,” Ross said.
In other words, the taxpayers of Maricopa County paid thousands of dollars, Jesus Llovara and his neighbors were threatened with lethal force, and all Joe Arpaio got in return was chicken feed.
That and publicity:
[Llovara's defense attorney Robert] Campus said he believes the entire scene was basically a stage, to help actor Steven Seagal’s TV show, “Lawman.”
Seagal was riding in the tank.
No doubt because, although Llovara had only a misdemeanor record and owned no weapons, chickens are dangerous birds.
Of course, those who are concerned about animal cruelty can rest easy: All of Llovara's chickens were euthanized on the spot, thanks to Joe Arpaio and Steven Seagal.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- The Speechfather - November 19th, 2014
- Bill Maher: "If You Strike Me Down, I Shall Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine." - October 30th, 2014
- With Apologies To Black Sabbath - October 29th, 2014
- Love Is Kind Of Crazy With A Spooky Little Movie Like You - October 2nd, 2014
- This Post Knows The Gate. This Post Is The Gate. This Post Is The Key And Guardian Of The Gate. Past, Present, Future, All Are One In This Post. - September 7th, 2014