What Exotic Things Will I Be Eating In 2046?

8 Responses

1. Zubon says:

I read a book from 1988 with a paragraph explaining that a mouse is a sort of pointing device used with some computers. Now I think of Clay Shirky explaining how his four-year-old daughter knows that a monitor that ships without a mouse (television) ships broken.

2. Old Geezer says:

Having spent the first 64 years of my life in California, I ate Mexican food before Taco Bell stumbled on the scene, Chinese food before Panda Express and The foods of many of our foreign-born neighbors. Having spent the last six years in Tennessee, I am still not used to encountering friends who have never tried any of the above. It depends upon where you live, but if I live to be a hundred I doubt many of my neighbors here will have tasted a quesadilla.

3. Clint says:

Ask them if they've tried Mexican Hors D’oeuvres.

4. Mike says:

If I could get my boys to eat anything besides pizza (certain brands only), peanut butter (not jelly, though, hells no!) and boxed mac 'n' cheese I'd be doing cartwheels. I cannot actually do cartwheels, but I also do not expect to have to make good on that promise so it's moot. Sushi? Hahahaha!

5. Chris says:

Generally, I think you need to look at the immigration and demographic trends.

I'm guessing there's going to be a more vegetarian food. Not necessarily tofu/TVP, but you're going to see more meatless foods, both for health/environmental reasons and because of increased immigration from cultures where that's normal.

I'm surprised the boom of african immigrants in the twin cities hasn't led to more restaurants, but that's certainly a possibility.

6. TomH says:

soylent green

7. raptros-v76 says:

Bacon squash. Acorn squash with bacon.