A Perfect Christmas Gift
If you didn't see "Inception" in theaters, it's available on DVD and Blu-Ray on December 7.
I didn't write about it while it was big, but "Inception" is the best mainstream movie I've seen in years. A wonderfully satisfying thriller with a mild science / speculative fiction tinge, an intentionally Hitchockian aesthetic, and as much appeal for women as for men (a rarity in techno-thrillers).
And it's as good as Hitchcock at his best. It's as good as "Vertigo," which is to say that it's a nearly perfect film that will be as great fifty years from now as it is today. If you have a special someone, this is the stocking stuffer to get.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- Significant Developments In D.C. Anti-SLAPP Law. - June 5th, 2014
- Does The Internet Need A United Nations When It Doesn't Have A First Amendment? - March 24th, 2014
- Fear And Loathing In Falls Church - January 4th, 2014
- Eventually That Animal Is Going To Turn On You, And You're Going To End Up The Victim! - December 5th, 2013
- if you MARRY! like your REPRODUCE! doctor you OBEY! can keep NO INDEPENDENT THOUGHT! your doctor. SUBMIT! if you CONSUME! like your STAY ASLEEP! plan you can WATCH TV! keep it. BUY! period. NO IMAGINATION! - December 4th, 2013