Friends on the west coast who haven't had a chance to see the premiere of AMC's The Walking Dead tonight, should.
I didn't expect to like it. I expected to see the first episode, satisfy myself that it wasn't worth watching, and move on. Though I'm a fan of George Romero, I don't like most zombie movies, because most zombie movies are, to put it plainly, awful.
But here we have a true contender. I highly recommend The Walking Dead to fans of George Romero or Max Brooks, but also to anyone (with a strong stomach) who enjoys a good suspense or horror yarn of any sort. On the evidence of one show, this will be a top notch television program.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- Eventually That Animal Is Going To Turn On You, And You're Going To End Up The Victim! - December 5th, 2013
- if you MARRY! like your REPRODUCE! doctor you OBEY! can keep NO INDEPENDENT THOUGHT! your doctor. SUBMIT! if you CONSUME! like your STAY ASLEEP! plan you can WATCH TV! keep it. BUY! period. NO IMAGINATION! - December 4th, 2013
- I Am Thankful For This Bit Of Fun - November 28th, 2013
- They Shoot Ponies, Don't They? - November 27th, 2013
- Doctor Who: An Appreciation - November 23rd, 2013